Stoney Creek in Hamilton, Ontario — Central Canada
Fifteen and one-half acres of
The women's Wentworth Historical Society
Given by this society to the
Niagara Parks Commission
as a National Historic Site
January 19, 1962
[Text on Second Historic Marker]:
Battlefield House (circa 1796)
Battlefield Monument (1913)
Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act
City of Stoney Creek Council
City of Stoney Creek local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War of 1812. A significant historical date for this entry is January 19, 1962.
Location. 43° 13.064′ N, 79° 45.964′ W. Marker is in Stoney Creek, Ontario, in Hamilton. Marker can be reached from King Street West south of Centennial Parkway South. These two historic markers are both affixed to the outside front wall of the Battlefield House, one on each side of the front door. The Battlefield Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stoney Creek ON L8G, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Stoney Creek (within shouting distance of this marker); The Nash-Jackson House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Battle of Stoney Creek (about 120 meters away); Their Fame Liveth (about 120 meters away); The Battlefield of Stoney Creek (about 150 meters away); Billy Green Monument (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Hamilton - Scourge Project (approx. 3.6 kilometers away); Light Across the Water (approx. 9.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stoney Creek.
Also see . . .
1. Battlefield House (Stoney Creek). This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on June 26, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. Battlefield House Museum & Park. This is a link to information provided by Friends of Battlefield House Museum & Park. (Submitted on June 26, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 466 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on June 26, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.