Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Fort Edward in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Duer House

 
 
Duer House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, June 27, 2012
1. Duer House Marker
Inscription.  
¼ M. →
Duer House
British Headquarters
Aug. 14 – Sept. 10, 1777

 
Erected 1927 by New York State.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable BuildingsWar, US Revolutionary.
 
Location. 43° 9.793′ N, 73° 34.688′ W. Marker is in Fort Edward, New York, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 4 and Duer Street, on the left when traveling south on U.S. 4. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Edward NY 12828, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Miller (approx. 0.2 miles away); Judge William Duer (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Fort Miller (approx. 0.7 miles away); Five Porch Farm (approx. 1.1 miles away); Gen. Washington (approx. 1.4 miles away); Gen. Schuyler's Intrenchments (approx. 2.4 miles away); Captain Martin John Burke (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Edward.
 
Also see . . .
Marker in Fort Edward image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, June 27, 2012
2. Marker in Fort Edward

1. Account of the Battle of Saratoga. (Submitted on June 28, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. A British perspective on the Battle of Saratoga from BritishBattles.com. (Submitted on June 28, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
 
Duer House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, June 27, 2012
3. Duer House Marker
Duer House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, June 27, 2012
4. Duer House
The British Army made this house their headquarters prior to the Battles of Saratoga.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 28, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 534 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 28, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 8, 2020