Guilford in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
[ back ]
East Guilford, now Madison, was set off as a distinct church society in 1703, North Guilford in 1720, and North Bristol (North Madison) in 1753. Two good harbors and two tidal rivers assured
Erected by the Town of Guilford
The Guilford Foundation
The Guilford Keeping Society
and the Connecticut Historical Commission
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is September 29, 1940.
Location. 41° 16.969′ N, 72° 40.864′ W. Marker is in Guilford, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Street and Boston Street, on the left when traveling north on Park Street. Located on the Guilford Green. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Guilford CT 06437, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Guilford Revolutionary War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Guilford Spanish-American War Monument (a few steps from this marker); Guilford Granite (a few steps from this marker); Guilford Korean War Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Guilford Soldier's Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Guilford World War II Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Guilford World War I Monument (about 400 feet away); Guilford Vietnam Memorial (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guilford.
Also see . . .
1. Guilford, Connecticut. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on July 7, 2012, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. The Town of Guilford. Town website homepage (Submitted on July 7, 2012, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
3. Shoreline Chamber of Commerce. Website homepage (Submitted on January 21, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2012, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 492 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 7, 2012, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.