Kingston in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
“The Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Town of Kingston in Ulster County”
John Cantine Farrell Hoes D. D. 1845 – 1867
Lucy Maria Randall of Cortland New York
this tablet as a record of the church and their association
with it is lovingly inscribed and presented by their daughter
Mary S. Hoes Burhans Easter-Day 1900
[ Lower Marker : ]
First Reformed Protestant
Dutch Church of Kingston
has been designated a
National Historic Landmark
This site possesses national significance in commemorating the history of the United States of America
Dedicated in 1852, this church is an outstanding expression of mid-19th century architectural eclecticism by American architect Minard Lafever. It is one of the most intact and fully developed examples of Lafever’s renaissance revival work, a style he helped pioneer in America.
National Park Service
United States Department of the Interior
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary.
Location. 41° 55.963′ N, 74° 1.134′ W. Marker is in Kingston, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kingston NY 12401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Washington (a few steps from this marker); George Clinton (a few steps from this marker); George Clinton (a few steps from this marker); Patriots of the Revolution (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Dutch Church (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Old Dutch Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Van Leuven Mansion (within shouting distance of this marker); One Hundred and Twentieth Infantry New York Volunteers (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingston.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 402 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 16, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.