Ephraim in Door County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The dock served as the transportation center for this area from the sailing days through the steamship era in the 1920's.
On Anderson's death in 1892, two of his children, Adolph and Lizzie, took over the management of the store and dock. In 1952 the dock was acquired by the village. With the aid of the Ephraim Foundation, it was restored to its present condition.
This stone is erected in honor of Aslag, Adolph and Lizzie Anderson who made this dock and store so meaningful to Ephraim.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places.
Location. 45° 9.717′ N, 87° 10.335′ W. Marker is in Ephraim, Wisconsin, in Door County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of State Highway 42 and Anderson Lane, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3083 Anderson Ln, Ephraim WI 54211, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies First Permanent Colony in Door County (approx. half a mile away); A Road Less Traveled (approx. 1.1 miles away); Life on the Ledge (approx. 1.3 miles away); A State Park System is Formed (approx. 1.4 miles away); Island Paradise (approx. 2.6 miles away); Village of Sister Bay (approx. 3.1 miles away); Nature of Sister Bay (approx. 3.1 miles away); Oak Leaf Anchor (approx. 3.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 21, 2012, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. This page has been viewed 399 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 21, 2012, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.