Concord in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Built in 1911 by L.V Perry
Erected 2003 by Concord Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
Location. 37° 58.61′ N, 122° 2.19′ W. Marker is in Concord, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Concord Avenue north of Salvio Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1990 Concord Avenue, Concord CA 94520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Fire Hall (a few steps from this marker); Dedicated to the Founders of Todos Santos (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bibber House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Neustaedter House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alves House (approx. ¼ mile away); Francisco Galindo Home (approx. ¼ mile away); Bolla House (approx. ¼ mile away); Barnett House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Regarding Perry House. Originally located on Clayton Road just off Colfax, the wood-frame house was built in
Moved to its present location in 1981, the building is Concord’s only surviving example of the Classic Revival style popular at the turn of the century. Characteristic features are the boxy form with hip-roof, the small dormer window in front, siding of narrow clapboards, classic cornice with dentile (small square blocks projecting as from under a cornice) moldings and round columned porch topped by a balustrade. Special features of the house are the upstairs bay windows at both front corners and the classic pergola at the side, an original part of the house. It was converted after its move to a restaurant and now is used as offices.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 23, 2012, by Concord Historical Society of Concord, California. This page has been viewed 507 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 23, 2012, by Concord Historical Society of Concord, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.