The West Henrietta Village
Chapman Hotel built 1821; second hotel built 1831 known as The Cartwright Inn. Early store built 1831 replaced by Edison block building after fire. West Henrietta Baptist Church built 1838. 1862 District School No. 8, now W. Henrietta Firehouse & U.S. Post Office. Henrietta Grange built 1904, & St. Mark Lutheran Church established 1902. North of crossroad - 1832 Post Cobblestone House and three-story 1830 cobblestone housing blacksmith & carriage manufacturing shops.
Erected 2005 by Town of Henrietta, NY.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1821.
Location. 43° 2.431′ N, 77° 39.698′ W. Marker is in Henrietta, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of West Henrietta Road (New York State Route 15) and Erie Station Road, on the left when traveling
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West Henrietta Farm (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); District No. 6 (approx. 1.9 miles away); Genesee Valley (approx. 2.8 miles away); The East Henrietta Village (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Headmaster's House and the Monroe Academy (approx. 2.8 miles away); Chili Cobblestone School Museum (approx. 3.2 miles away); Born in Log House (approx. 3.4 miles away); Veterans Memorial Park (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Henrietta.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 23, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 408 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 23, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.