Scottsville in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Chili Cobblestone School Museum
Established by legislation passed February 22, 1822, the Township of Chili is believed to have been named after the Republic of Chile. It was formerly part of the Town of Riga, and earlier known as East Pulteney. Old deeds called it "Black Creek Township."
Erected 1978 by County of Monroe.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 43° 3.074′ N, 77° 43.404′ W. Marker is in Scottsville, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is on Scottsville Road (New York State Route 383) 0.1 miles north of Morgan Rd. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Scottsville NY 14546, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Genesee Valley (approx. 0.8 miles away); Joseph Morgan (approx. 1.1 miles away); First House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Canal Street (approx. 2˝ miles away); Feeder GatesGenesee Valley Greenway (approx. 2˝ miles away); a different marker also named Genesee Valley Greenway (approx. 2.6 miles away); Northampton (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scottsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 337 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 24, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.