Geneseo in Livingston County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Church
Erected 1965 by Geneseo Rotary Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1818.
Location. 42° 47.661′ N, 77° 49.026′ W. Marker is in Geneseo, New York, in Livingston County. Marker is on Main Street (New York State Route 39) 0.2 miles north of South Street (U.S. 20A), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Geneseo NY 14454, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Geneseo Historic District (a few steps from this marker); Village Square (a few steps from this marker); Treaty of Big Tree (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Big Tree Lodge (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Bank (approx. 0.2 History of Mining in the Genesee Valley (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cobblestone School (approx. ¼ mile away); Shaw Sisters (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Geneseo.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 318 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.