Galveston in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Williams-Tucker House, 1837-40
House, framed in Maine, was shipped to Texas on a schooner.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1964
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 11596.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1964.
Location. 29° 17.268′ N, 94° 48.256′ W. Marker is in Galveston, Texas, in Galveston County. Marker can be reached from Bernardo de Galvez Avenue, on the right when traveling east. This marker is deep in private property. It can be seen from the fence but cannot be approached. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galveston TX 77550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Samuel May Williams (within shouting distance of this marker); Baden-Sproule House Dr. Frederick K. and Lucy Adelaide Fisher House (about 400 feet away); Powhatan House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thomas Henry Borden (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Mexican Telegraph Company (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of the Home of Michel Branamour Menard (approx. 0.3 miles away); Moody Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galveston.
Regarding Williams-Tucker House, 1837-40. This is the second oldest surviving residence in Galveston and is on the National Register of Historic Places
Credits. This page was last revised on May 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 573 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 6, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. 2. submitted on August 7, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?