Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

East Greenwich in Kent County, Rhode Island — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Kentish Guards Drill Field

 
 
Kentish Guards Drill Field Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bryan Simmons, August 2012
1. Kentish Guards Drill Field Marker
Inscription.  1774-1974 Kentish Guards Drill Field To those Kentish Guardsmen who in 1774 utilized this field to prepare themselves for the conflict that assured our independence. This tablet was dedicated on the 200th Anniversary of the Kentish Guards October 19, 1974
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraFraternal or Sororal OrganizationsPatriots & PatriotismWar, US Revolutionary.
 
Location. 41° 39.656′ N, 71° 27.153′ W. Marker is in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, in Kent County. Marker can be reached from Church Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is in the east end of the field under the large flagpole. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: East Greenwich RI 02818, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General James Mitchell Varnum Home (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); June 12, 1775 (about 700 feet away); The Marlborough Street Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Peter Freeman Lot (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Fighting Bee
Kentish Guards Drill Field Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bryan Simmons
2. Kentish Guards Drill Field Marker
(approx. 3.8 miles away); The Nathanael Greene Homestead Cemetery (approx. 5.2 miles away); Liberty Tree Memorial (approx. 5.2 miles away); Nathanael Greene Memorial (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Greenwich.
 
Also see . . .  Kentish Guard. (Submitted on August 10, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts.)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 589 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 10, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Sep. 27, 2020