Terre Haute in Vigo County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Burial Ground Fort William Harrison
— Prologue to The War of 1812 —
Erected by Fort Harrison Chapter - Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 39° 30.478′ N, 87° 24.744′ W. Marker is in Terre Haute, Indiana, in Vigo County. Marker can be reached from McCullough Avenue (becomes 4th Street) north of Fort Harrison Road. Located in the "Elks Fort Harrison Country Club" which is on the North side of Terre Haute. Taking U.S. 41 North - turn left (West) on Fort Harrison Road. At McCullough Avenue turn North (right) follow back into the "Elks Fort Harrison Country Club". As soon as you enter the country club, the marker is on the extreme left near the dumpsters. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Terre Haute IN 47804, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured The Unknown Embattled Defenders of Fort Harrison (here, next to this marker); Fort Harrison (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles Gene Abrell (approx. 0.8 miles away); Twelve Points (approx. 1.3 miles away); Gold Medal Plaza (approx. 1.3 miles away); Union Hospital (approx. 1.6 miles away); Confederate Soldiers Buried in this Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); William D. "Big Bill" Haywood (approx. 2˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terre Haute.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 14, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 670 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 14, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.