Lexington in Fayette County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Lewis And Clark In Kentucky
William Clark In Lexington / Meriwether Lewis In Lexington
William Clark in Lexington
Clark, coleader of the 1803-1806 Lewis and Clark Expedition, and his family spent October 30, 1809, at Lexington's Traveler's Hall, operated by Cuthbert Banks. Clark also visited expedition member George Shannon, who was attending Transylvania University. Over.
Meriwether Lewis in Lexington
On Jan. 20, 1808, Lewis, coleader of the 1830-1806 Lewis and Clark Expedition, attended a dinner in his honor at Wilson's Inn, where locals gave 22 toasts. Lewis was passing through Ky. after he was named gov. of La. Territory. Over.
Heritage Foundation, National Park Service, Ky. Lewis & Clark
Bicentennial Commission, Lexington History Museum.
Erected 2006 by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2219.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 E Main St, Lexington KY 40507, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Phoenix Park (a few steps from this marker); Rotary Club of Lexington / Phoenix Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Strength in Numbers / Forcing a Change (within shouting distance of this marker); Main Street Christian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Skuller's Clock (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lexington's Long History with Slavery / Driven by Money (about 400 feet away); From Enslaved to Community Activist / The Original Power Couple (about 500 feet away); Fairness Ordinance (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lexington.
Categories. • Exploration • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Lewis And Clark In Kentucky.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 16, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 453 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 18, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.