Fayettevillle in Fayette County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
In Memory of the Confederate Heroes
Erected by Fayette County Chapter U.D.C.
Erected 1934 by Fayette County Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy (U.D.C.).
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list.
Location. 33° 26.9′ N, 84° 27.283′ W. Marker is in Fayettevillle, Georgia, in Fayette County. Marker is at the intersection of Glynn Street South (Georgia Route 85) and East Lanier Avenue (Georgia Route 54), on the right when traveling north on Glynn Street South. The marker stands at the northwest corner of the Fayette County Old Courthouse Square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fayetteville GA 30214, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fayette County Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Fayette County (a few steps from this marker); World’s Longest Courthouse BenchThe Holliday-Dorsey-Fife House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Fayette County Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away); Governor Hugh M. Dorsey (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grady L. Huddleston (approx. 0.3 miles away); Flat Rock African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 3.9 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 18, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 582 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 18, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.