Near Lavonia in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Poplar Springs Baptist Church
< ------ <<<<
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 059-8.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 34° 30.35′ N, 83° 6.649′ W. Marker is near Lavonia, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Gum Log Road (Georgia Route Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 67 Poplar Springs Church Road, Lavonia GA 30553, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Red Hollow Road (approx. 4˝ miles away); Vandiver Bridge (approx. 4.9 miles away in South Carolina); Shoal Creek (approx. 6.3 miles away); Tugalo Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 6.6 miles away); Capt. Samuel Earle (approx. 8 miles away in South Carolina); Stephens County High School (approx. 8.2 miles away); Center Methodist Church (approx. 8.7 miles away in South Carolina); Colonel Benjamin Cleveland Monument (approx. 8.8 miles away in South Carolina).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 27, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 457 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 27, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.