Franklin in Franklin County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Old Franklin Congregational Academy
erected on the site of
The Old Franklin
Pioneer Founders and Educators were:
E. B. James · A. E. Rice · W. S. Phipps
Rev. Amos Dresser · Rev. C. S. Harrison
Reve. W. S. Hampton · Prin. A. C. Hart
Rev. G. W. Mitchell
Total enrollment 2670
Total graduates 477
At Left - Corner stone of native rock
laid Aug. 9, 1881.
At Right - Bell which called all
classes for 41 years
Center - Petrified log a prominent
object on campus for years
Dedicated June 12, 1925
"To live in deeds we leave behind is not to die."
Erected 1925 by Franklin Academy Association.
Location. 40° 6.072′ N, 98° 57.215′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Nebraska, in Franklin County. Marker is on Q Street, on the left when traveling west. Marker is west of the swimming pool in Franklin City Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin NE 68939, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers Franklin Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Franklin County Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lockheed F-80 (about 300 feet away); Dupee Hall of Music (about 500 feet away); Franklin County (approx. ¼ mile away).
Also see . . .
1. Franklin Academy Photographs. (Submitted on September 1, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Franklin Academy Records at the Nebraska State Historical Society. (Submitted on September 1, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for The Old Franklin Congregational Academy.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 337 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 1, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.