Evening Shade in Sharp County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Sharp County Court House
Erected 1936 by the Arkansas Centennial Comm. / Arkansas History Comm. (Marker Number F-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission marker series.
Location. 36° 4.278′ N, 91° 37.142′ W. Marker is in Evening Shade, Arkansas, in Sharp County. Marker is on West Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Evening Shade AR 72532, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Regarding Sharp County Court House. Within a few years after the forming of the county, the first court house was build on land donated by John Wesley Shaver, of Evening Shade. It was a frame building and stood on the same site as the stone structure, which was built after the first building was destroyed by fire. It is not known who the contractor or commissioners were. However, the work was
Additional keywords. Court House
Categories. • Government & Politics •
More. Search the internet for Sharp County Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 4, 2012, by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 505 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 4, 2012, by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.