Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2003 by The 108th Division (Institutional Training). (Marker Number 40-??2.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Military. A significant historical year for this entry is 1946.
Location. 34° 0.396′ N, 80° 56.866′ W. Marker is in Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is on Jackson Boulevard near Davis Circle, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3319 Jackson Blvd, Columbia SC 29207, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Darby Field (within shouting distance of this marker); 4th Infantry Division (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 26th Inf Division (about 500 feet away); 30th Inf Division 31st Inf Division (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bridge at Remagen Stone (approx. 0.4 miles away); 100th Inf Division (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Jackson Elementary School / Hood Street Elementary School (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia.
Also see . . . 108th Division (Institutional Training). activated in 1946 following World War II. Then called the 108th Airborne Division, it was headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. (Submitted on September 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 391 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on September 8, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.