St. George in Washington County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
The Hardy House
Erected by St. George Historic Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 37° 6.605′ N, 113° 35.042′ W. Marker is in St. George, Utah, in Washington County. Marker is on St. George Boulevard, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 46 West St George Boulevard, Saint George UT 84770, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gardeners Club (a few steps from this marker); The Sandstone Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Jail House (within shouting distance Brigham Young Home (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gardeners’ Club Hall (about 300 feet away); Pioneer Courthouse (about 300 feet away); St. George Social Hall “Opera House” (about 400 feet away); Erastus Snow's Big House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. George.
Also see . . . Washington County Historical Society. Although the house contained only two rooms downstairs and a half-story upstairs for sleeping quarters, it had some claims to gentility. (Submitted on September 7, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 463 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 6, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.