Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
McDuffie High School
"Home of the Fighting Scots"
proudly at this location from
1964 until 1996. Serving
Anderson as a comprehensive
vocational high school,
McDuffie enrollment averaged
1000 students each year it was
open. Many of Anderson's
current business and
community leaders are placed
McDuffie High School graduates.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1964.
Location. 34° 29.65′ N, 82° 38.75′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker is on South McDuffie Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1225 South McDuffie Street, Anderson SC 29624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Anderson Boys' High School (here, next to this marker); The Greeley Institute (approx. 0.2 miles away); University Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Historic Wilhite House (approx. 0.4 miles away); St. John's Methodist Church (approx. Old Silverbrook Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); In Honor and Remembrance (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mrs. J.D. Chapman (approx. half a mile away); Anderson County Courthouse Annex Park (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 725 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 10, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.