Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
William Law Watkins
Meals on Wheels Center
Erected 2000 by Meals on Wheels.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1951.
Location. 34° 30.183′ N, 82° 38.683′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Fant Street and East Whitner Street, on the right when traveling north on South Fant Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 South Fant Street, Anderson SC 29624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Bullein Johnson (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Baptist Church Bell (about 700 Anderson County Courthouse Annex Park (about 700 feet away); A Living Tribute (about 700 feet away); G. Ross Anderson Jr. Federal Building and United States Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); G.F. Tolly Building -- c. 1910 (approx. ¼ mile away); Portman Shoals (approx. ¼ mile away); Portman Dam and Power Plant (approx. ¼ mile away); Masonic Temple -- 1889 (approx. ¼ mile away); St. John's Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Also see . . . William Law Watkins 1910-1999. Born in Anderson, Bill Law attended public schools in Anderson. (Submitted on October 4, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 617 times since then and 22 times this year. Last updated on September 13, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 3. submitted on October 4, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 4, 5. submitted on September 12, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.