Vischer Ferry in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Amity Reformed Church
Founded in 1802
Erected in 1888
Erected by Clifton Park Historic Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
Location. 42° 47.783′ N, 73° 49.584′ W. Marker is in Vischer Ferry, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is on Riverview Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 335 Riverview Road, Rexford NY 12148, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Vischer Ferry Bridge (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hamlet of Vischer Ferry (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Vischer Family (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ferry (approx. 0.3 miles away); Vischer Ferry Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Vischer Ferry (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Ferry Road Bridge & Its Surroundings… A Brief History (approx. ¾ mile away); Lock 19 (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vischer Ferry.
Regarding Amity Reformed Church. Amity Reformed Church was established
In April of 1802 the new congregation was accepted into the Dutch Reformed Church and by June of that year a place for worship was built. Due to being a stop on the famous Erie Canal the population grew and necessitated replacing the first church with a much larger one in 1871. This second church was destroyed by fire during the Christmas season of 1886. In 1888 the present church was constructed. The church is distinguished by its half circle seating configuration, wainscoted ceiling, stately chandeliers and stunning stained glass windows. It is an inspirational setting for worship. Above all the church is people, many generations of them, who have gathered here for worship and to serve God. This wonderful heritage continues on into our present day.
Also see . . . Amity Reformed Church. (Submitted on September 23, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 23, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 431 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 23, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. 2. submitted on June 6, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. 3, 4. submitted on September 23, 2012, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.