Whitney in Hill County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1996 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5790.)
Location. 31° 57.054′ N, 97° 19.31′ W. Marker is in Whitney, Texas, in Hill County. Marker is on W Washington Street near S Colorado Street (Farm to Market Road 933), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 W Washington Street, Whitney TX 76692, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Whitney Messenger (here, next to this marker); King Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fort Graham Cemetery (approx. 5.4 miles away); Huron (approx. 6.6 miles away); Pioneer Bank Building (approx. 11.9 miles away); Site of Old Lexington Village (approx. 11.9 miles away); Bond's Alley (approx. 11.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Whitney.
Also see . . . Whitney, Texas, from Wikipedia. Whitney is a town in Hill County in Central Texas. The population was 1,833 at the 2000 census. Whitney is a rural lakeside community, and site of the very first bass fishing tournament. Created by the local newspaper, it took place on Lake Whitney in 1955 with 73 teams participating. (Submitted on September 23, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
More. Search the internet for Whitney.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 23, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 313 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 27, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.