Rockville in Parke County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Two Bells molded into One Bell
was moulded by fusing the Bells of the
Old and New School Presbyterian Churches
after uniting in 1869.
The Bell Tower
was restored 1950 by memorial gifts to
John H. Sherrard, Pastor, 1888 — 1895
and to other members.
Ring Out O Bell to the Glory of God!
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 39° 45.705′ N, 87° 13.765′ W. Marker was in Rockville, Indiana, in Parke County. Marker was on South Market Street north of West High Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 130 South Market Street, Rockville IN 47872, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. World War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Korea (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Honor RollViet-Nam Honor Roll (about 300 feet away); Naming of Rockville (about 400 feet away); Old 1832 Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Parke County Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1883 Railroad Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockville.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 26, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 508 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 26, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. submitted on October 7, 2013, by Phil Millspaugh of Terre Haute, Indiana.