Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
National Register of Historic Places
by the United States Department of the Interior
February 26, 1998
Originally the site of a Ho-Chunk Village
1834 - Government survey
1915 - Madison Realty Company
platted five farms for housing development
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 43° 2.809′ N, 89° 26.453′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is on Nakoma Road 0.2 miles south of Monroe Street, on the right when traveling south. The marker is in Nakoma Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison WI 53711, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Spring Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Spring Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Glenwood Children's Park (approx. half a mile away); Plough Inn (approx. half a mile away); a different marker Plough Inn (approx. half a mile away); University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum (approx. 0.6 miles away); Jacobs House I (approx. 0.8 miles away); John M. Olin (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Also see . . .
1. Nakoma Neighborhood Association. Unfortunately, the history page appears to be empty, but see the next link. (Submitted on August 4, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
2. Historic Nakoma. (Submitted on October 2, 2012, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
3. City of Madison. The Nakoma neighborhood page. (Submitted on August 4, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 3, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 907 times since then and 31 times this year. Last updated on September 28, 2012, by Myra Jo Schultz of Madison, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 3, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.