Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Frost in Navarro County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Frost Baptist Church

 
 
Frost Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, September 15, 2012
1. Frost Baptist Church Marker
Inscription.  Led by the Rev. H. A. Conway, a small group of Baptists established this congregation in July 1890. Beginning with about twenty charter members, the church has grown steadily over the years. Early worship services were held once a month. Eventually, services were increased to twice monthly, and finally to every week. The first sanctuary, built on this site in 1890, was replaced by a larger structure in 1906. After it was destroyed by a tornado in 1930, a brick building was erected. It served the congregation until 1979, when it was razed to make room for a new sanctuary.
 
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7202.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1890.
 
Location. 32° 4.89′ N, 96° 48.449′ W. Marker is in Frost, Texas, in Navarro County. Marker is on Garitty Street (Farm to Market Road 667) near Texas Highway 22, on the left when traveling south. Located between State Highway 22 and Stroud Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Frost TX 76641, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of
Frost Baptist Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, September 15, 2012
2. Frost Baptist Church and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frost (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mertens Baptist Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); General Edward H. Tarrant (approx. 8.4 miles away); Thomas J. Jordan (approx. 8.4 miles away); James McDaniel (approx. 8.4 miles away); Milford Cemetery (approx. 8.4 miles away); John Marr Hardeman (approx. 8.6 miles away); Milford Presbyterian Church (approx. 8.7 miles away).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 11, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 322 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 11, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=60216

Paid Advertisement
Oct. 27, 2021