Eureka in Humboldt County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Eureka City Hall
Italian Renaissance Architecture, 1905-1960
— Eureka Historic Landmark —
Built by the Lyon-Wilson Construction Company, this 110 ft. by 120 ft., two-story structure with basement contained all of the city's offices in one building. Fire Company No. 2, police department and jail were also housed here.
Damaged in a 1954 earthquake, the building was demolished in 1960.
Erected 2012 by Eureka Main Street, Eureka Heritage Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1954.
Location. 40° 48.221′ N, 124° 9.926′ W. Marker is in Eureka, California, in Humboldt County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Street and G Street on 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eureka CA 95501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Joseph Russ Building (1900) (within shouting distance of this marker); Lindsay Building (1886) (within shouting N.S.G.W. Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Carson Block (1892) (within shouting distance of this marker); Ritz Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Buhne Building (about 300 feet away); Pythian Castle (about 300 feet away); Oberon (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eureka.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 611 times since then and 86 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 13, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.