Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Woodbury in Cannon County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Early Industry

 
 
Early Industry Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Judith Barber, October 18, 2012
1. Early Industry Marker
Inscription.  On Short Mountain, 7.1 mi., Henry Hoover & John Beeson established a millstone and grindstone factory in 1806. An inscription on a bluff of the mountain, and discarded fragments of stone mark the spot.
 
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2E 14.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1806.
 
Location. 35° 49.681′ N, 86° 4.247′ W. Marker is in Woodbury, Tennessee, in Cannon County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 70S) and North Tatum Street, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 255 W Main St, Woodbury TN 37190, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. World War I-II Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Highway 70S Mile Marker Stone (within shouting distance of this marker); Woodbury in the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker); East Fork Stone's River
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Baptist Female College – Adams House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Forrest Rested Here (approx. ¾ mile away); The Trail of Tears (approx. ¾ mile away); Cannon County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodbury.
 
Early Industry Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Judith Barber, October 18, 2012
2. Early Industry Marker
Marker is in front of the Cannon County Courthouse
Early Industry Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Judith Barber, October 18, 2012
3. Early Industry Marker
A memorial dedicated to veterans in front of the courthouse.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2012, by Judith Barber of Marietta, Georgia. This page has been viewed 698 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 20, 2012, by Judith Barber of Marietta, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=60423

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 17, 2024