Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gainesville in Hall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902

 
 
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
1. Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker
Inscription.  
“You triumphed over obstacles which would have overcome men less brave and determined”
President McKinley

Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902
By Department of Georgia
National Auxiliary United Spanish War Veterans
At the fifteenth Annual Convention
May 15-17, 1938
 
Erected 1938.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, Spanish-American. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #25 William McKinley series list. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1948.
 
Location. 34° 17.967′ N, 83° 49.517′ W. Marker is in Gainesville, Georgia, in Hall County. Marker is at the intersection of Spring Street and Green Street, on the right when traveling east on Spring Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gainesville GA 30501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Federal Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Lt.-Gen. James Longstreet (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lyman Hall (about 300 feet away); The Historic Jackson Building
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 400 feet away); George Washington (about 400 feet away); Henry O. Ward (about 500 feet away); U.D.C. Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 500 feet away); First Private Mint / Templeton Reid Mint (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gainesville.
 
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
2. Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
3. Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker
The new Hall County Courthouse is barely visible in the background through the brick arches.
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
4. Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 Marker
Looking northeast on Spring Street (left)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 760 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=60433

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 22, 2024