Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Redwood City in San Mateo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Diller's Island

 
 
Diller's Island Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James King, October 12, 2012
1. Diller's Island Marker
Inscription.  
Children and teachers
crossed footbridges to reach
the "Island" public school here
from 1864 to 1895

 
Erected 1967.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
 
Location. 37° 29.042′ N, 122° 13.633′ W. Marker is in Redwood City, California, in San Mateo County. Marker is on Middlefield Road, half a mile Woodside Road (California Route 84), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1044 Middlefield Road, Redwood City CA 94063, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fire Station No. 1 (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Fire Station No. 1 (a few steps from this marker); Redwood City War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stage Station (about 500 feet away); Alhambra Theater (about 800 feet away); Embarcadero Turning Basin Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eureka Corner (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sequoia Union High School (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Redwood City.
 
More about this marker. The marker
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
is at the lower left corner of the old Fire Station No. 1 / Main Library building.
 
Fire Station No. 1 With Diller's Island Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James King, October 12, 2012
2. Fire Station No. 1 With Diller's Island Marker
The marker can be seen on the lower left corner of the building, just over the top of the table with the umbrella.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 23, 2012, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 512 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 23, 2012, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=60491

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 20, 2024