Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Van Horn in Culberson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Presbyterian Church

 
 
Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, October 21, 2012
1. Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription.  U.S. 1902. First church building erected in Van Horn. This was used by all faiths until other churches were built.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1964


 
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7928.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1902.
 
Location. 31° 2.55′ N, 104° 50.081′ W. Marker is in Van Horn, Texas, in Culberson County. Marker is at the intersection of Fannin Street and West 3rd Street, on the left when traveling north on Fannin Street. Marker is on the southwest corner. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Van Horn TX 79855, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Culberson County Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Clark Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Van Horn Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Colonel David Culberson (approx. 0.3 miles away); Original Culberson County Jail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Van Horn Cemetery
Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, October 21, 2012
2. Presbyterian Church Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.4 miles away); Culberson County (approx. 3.7 miles away); Van Horn Wells (approx. 11.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Van Horn.
 
Presbyterian Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, October 21, 2012
3. Presbyterian Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 1, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 401 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 1, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=60764

Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jul. 1, 2022