Santa Clara in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
California Wesleyan College
University of the Pacific
— College of the Pacific —
Erected 1960 by Daughters of Founders and Patriots of America.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical date for this entry is July 10, 1851.
Location. 37° 20.517′ N, 121° 57.073′ W. Marker is in Santa Clara, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of North Winchester Boulevard and Bellomy Street, on the right when traveling north on North Winchester Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Clara CA 95051, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harris/Lass House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Berryessa Adobe (approx. ¼ mile away); Kiely House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Carmelite Monastery – Bond Ranch (approx. 0.4 miles away); Landrum House (approx. “Cowboy Jim” Donovan (approx. 0.4 miles away); Elim Community Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); “Eberhard” (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Clara.
Also see . . . History of the College - University of the Pacific. "Although founded in 1851 as the University of the Pacific, the institution was for 60 years primarily an undergraduate liberal arts college. In recognition of that reality, its name was changed in 1911 to the College of the Pacific, and thus it remained for the next 50 years." (Submitted on November 29, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 437 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. 3. submitted on November 2, 2020, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.