Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Holtville in Imperial County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Holtville

 
 
Holtville Marker - Placed by E Clampus Vitus image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, December 15, 2012
1. Holtville Marker - Placed by E Clampus Vitus
Inscription.  
E Clampus Vitus marker dedicated 1983
Holtville
W. F. Holt established this townsite in 1903; built the first electric power plant at 3rd and Holt, the Holton Interurban RR; started the first church, the first newspaper and donated this beautiful park to the citizens of Holtville to be enjoyed in perpetuity.

Holtville was incorporated June 1908.



Native Sons of the Golden West marker dedicated 2009
City of Holtville
"Carrot capitol of the world"
Incorporated 1908
Carried by a vote of 56 to 8

 
Erected 1983 by The citizens of Holtville, I. V. Pioneers, Squibob Chapter E Clampus Vitus.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1983.
 
Location. 32° 48.666′ N, 115° 22.869′ W. Marker is in Holtville, California, in Imperial County. Marker is at the intersection of West 5th Street and Pine Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West 5th Street. Marker is on the northeast corner. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Holtville CA 92250, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. City of Holtville (here, next to this marker); Harold Bell Wright (approx. 2˝ miles away); Site of Rancho El Tecolote (approx. 2˝ miles away); Imperial Valley Swiss Club (approx. 2.7 miles away); Schaffner Dairy (approx. 3.8 miles away); McConnell Ranch (approx. 6 miles away); Imperial Valley Church of the Brethren Site - Dunkard Church (approx. 6.2 miles away); Imperial Valley Veterans' Memorial (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Holtville.
 
City of Holtville - Placed by the Native Sons of the Golden West image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, December 15, 2012
2. City of Holtville - Placed by the Native Sons of the Golden West
Holtville Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, December 15, 2012
3. Holtville Marker
Holtville City Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, December 15, 2012
4. Holtville City Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 21, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 727 times since then and 130 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 21, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=62031

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 25, 2024