Frankfort in Franklin County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Frank Lloyd Wright / Rev. Jesse R. Zeigler House
Frank Lloyd Wright
Famous primarily as a residence architect, Wright also planned many impressive public structures, including the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo and Guggenheim Museum in New York City. This is the only building of his design erected in Ky. during his lifetime. House was listed on National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Over.
Rev. Jesse R. Zeigler House
(Frank Lloyd Wright House)
The design for this house came from a chance shipboard meeting in 1910 of Rev. Zeigler of this city with Frank Lloyd Wright, the internationally known architect. The Presbyterian minister had local contractor Scott begin construction that year. This is an example of Wright's “prairie house,” utilizing open floor plans. See over.
Erected 1983 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1726.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1976.
Location. 38° 11.434′ N, 84° 52.59′ W. Marker is in Frankfort, Kentucky, in Franklin County. Marker is on Shelby Street (Kentucky Route 2259) south of West Campbell Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Frankfort KY 40601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Frankfort Chosen As Capital (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Frankfort Barracks (about 500 feet away); New Capitol (about 600 feet away); Emma Guy Cromwell (about 800 feet away); Gold Star Families Memorial Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Freedom Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cherry Blossom Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kentucky's Executive Mansion (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frankfort.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 31, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 563 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 31, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.