Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Spring Hill in Maury County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Branham and Hughes Military Academy

 
 
Branham and Hughes Military Academy Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Sandra Hughes, December 27, 2012
1. Branham and Hughes Military Academy Marker
Inscription.  Founded 1892 as the Campus School, near Vanderbilt University, by William C. Branham and William Hughes. Moved to Spring Hill 1897, and operated as Spring Hill School. The name was changed to Branham and Hughes School in 1898, and to Branham and Hughes Military Academy in 1918. It was operated by W.O. Batts and C.A. Ragsale 1920-31, and by Alfred Hume from 1931 to its close in 1932. In 1934 it became Tennessee Orphans Home.
 
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3D 50.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
 
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 35° 44.885′ N, 86° 55.996′ W. Marker was in Spring Hill, Tennessee, in Maury County. Marker was on Main Street (U.S. 31) north of Toone Prados Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 5350 Main Street, Spring Hill TN 37174, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Martin Cheairs Home (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Spring Hill Presbyterian Church
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 600 feet away); Spring Hill, Tennessee ~ November 29, 1864 (approx. ¼ mile away); The Town of Spring Hill, Tennessee (approx. ¼ mile away); Ewell Farm (approx. ¼ mile away); Ritter-Morton Cottage (approx. 0.3 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); William Banks Caperton (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Spring Hill.
 
Branham and Hughes Military Academy Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Sandra Hughes, December 27, 2012
2. Branham and Hughes Military Academy Marker
Branham and Hughes Military Academy Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Sandra Hughes, December 27, 2012
3. Branham and Hughes Military Academy Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 28, 2012, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. This page has been viewed 1,506 times since then and 137 times this year. Last updated on January 2, 2013, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 28, 2012, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=62311

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 13, 2024