Redwood City in San Mateo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1967 by Native Daughters of the Golden West, Bonita Parlor No. 10 & Native Sons of the Golden West, Redwood Parlor No. 66.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1959.
Location. 37° 29.257′ N, 122° 13.825′ W. Marker is in Redwood City, California, in San Mateo County. Marker is at the intersection of Marshall Street and Hamilton Street, on the left when traveling east on Marshall Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 499 Marshall Street, Redwood City CA 94063, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named California Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Lathrop House (within shouting distance of this marker); Lathrop-Connor-Mansfield House (within shouting distance of this marker); "Old" San Mateo County Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Old San Mateo County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Fox Theater (about 500 feet away); New Sequoia/Fox Theatre (about 500 feet away); Former Site of Sequoia High School (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Redwood City.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2022. It was originally submitted on January 13, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 416 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 13, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. 3. submitted on July 20, 2022, by Joseph Alvarado of Livermore, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.