Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Clinton in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Blacksmith Shop

 
 
Blacksmith Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, May 18, 2010
1. Blacksmith Shop Marker
Inscription.  This fully functional shop is representative of the period from 1750 to 1900. Quarry operations required the skills of a blacksmith for the maintenance of equipment and livestock.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1750.
 
Location. 40° 38.248′ N, 74° 54.862′ W. Marker is near Clinton, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker can be reached from Quarry Road. Marker is located at the Red Mill Historic Site. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clinton NJ 08809, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mulligan Quarry (here, next to this marker); Lime Kilns (here, next to this marker); Schoolhouse (here, next to this marker); Tenant House (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Tenant House (a few steps from this marker); Bunker Hill School House (a few steps from this marker); The Log Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named The Lime Kilns (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Blacksmith Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, May 18, 2010
2. Blacksmith Shop Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 8, 2013, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 392 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 8, 2013, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=63103

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 12, 2024