Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lambertville in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Lambertville City Hall

 
 
Lambertville City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, June 24, 2012
1. Lambertville City Hall Marker
Inscription.  Built in 1870 and occupied by the Holcombe family until 1922, the A.H. Holcombe House was purchased by the city of Lambertville in 1950 to serve as City Hall. It is one of the earliest and best examples of the French Second Empire style in Lambertville and was listed as part of the Lambertville Historic District on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places in 1983. Funding of the rehabilitation of City Hall for the City of Lambertville has been made possible in part by the Garden State Historic Preservation Trust administered by the New Jersey Historic Trust and a Community Development Grant from The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
 
Erected 2010 by City of Lambertville.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1870.
 
Location. 40° 22.1′ N, 74° 56.732′ W. Marker is in Lambertville, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is at the intersection of York Street and North Union Street, on the right when traveling west on York Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lambertville NJ 08530, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other
Lambertville City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, June 24, 2012
2. Lambertville City Hall Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mary E. Sheridan Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Centenary Methodist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Coryell’s Grave (about 600 feet away); Lewis Island Shad Fishery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marshall House (approx. 0.2 miles away); D & R (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lambertville Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); Road to Monmouth Battlefield (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lambertville.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 8, 2013, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 371 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 8, 2013, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=63104

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 20, 2022