Memphis in Shelby County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Collins Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4E 108.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church ⛪, and the Tennessee Historical Commission series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1841.
Location. 35° 8.735′ N, 90° 2.249′ W. Marker is in Memphis, Tennessee, in Shelby County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Avenue and North Orleans Street, on the right when traveling west on Washington Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 673 Washington Ave, Memphis TN 38105, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Woodruff - Fontaine House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Mary's Cathedral Chapel and Diocesan House (about 400 feet away); Mallory-Neely House (about 500 feet away); Luke Edward Wright (about 700 feet away); Christian Brothers College (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lowenstein Mansion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chickasaw Trail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Memphis City Hospital (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Memphis.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 16, 2013, by Judith Barber of Marietta, Georgia. This page has been viewed 541 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 16, 2013, by Judith Barber of Marietta, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.