Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Oskaloosa in Jefferson County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Edmonds Chapel

 
 
Edmonds Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., March 9, 2013
1. Edmonds Chapel Marker
Inscription.  The church building was completed in 1891 and was located 4 miles north of McLouth at the intersection of Union (Hwy 92) and 118th. It was a United Brethren Church and became Evangelical United Brethren (E.U.B.) in 1946 with the unification of the denominations. It was moved to Old Jefferson Town in 1970. Thomas Edmonds was the first S.S. Supt. [Sunday School Superintendent] and many from the Edmonds family followed in that position.
 
Erected by Old Jefferson Town. (Marker Number 7.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
 
Location. 39° 12.769′ N, 95° 18.564′ W. Marker is in Oskaloosa, Kansas, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Walnut Street (U.S. 59) 0.2 miles north of Lawrence Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is in Old Jefferson Town. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oskaloosa KS 66066, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Plum Grove School Buiding - Dist. No. 39 (within shouting distance of this marker); Kilgour School Building - Dist. No. 72 (within shouting distance
Edmonds Chapel and Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., March 9, 2013
2. Edmonds Chapel and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker); Bowstring Bridge (within shouting distance of this marker); Tibbott School Building - Dist. No. 54 (within shouting distance of this marker); Bandstand (within shouting distance of this marker); Reynolds Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Ozawkie Mill Grinding Wheel (within shouting distance of this marker); Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oskaloosa.
 
Also see . . .
1. Old Jefferson Town. (Submitted on March 13, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. History of Jefferson County, Kansas. (Submitted on March 13, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 13, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 13, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=63747

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 11, 2021