Los Angeles in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
El Taller de Maquinaria
— El Pueblo de Los Angeles —
With the advent of the Mexican market place on Olvera Street in 1930, the uses of the Machine Shop were changed and the front doors were opened on Olvera Street, rather than Main Street. The first tenant was the "Leo Carrillo Theatre," followed by the "Olvera Street Puppet Theatre." The proscenium arch and segment of the stage still survive.
El uso se le daba al taller de maquinaria cambió en 1930 con la llegada del mercado mexicano a la Calle Olvera, y las puertas frontales se abrieron hacia la Calle Olvera en vez de hacia la Calle Principal. El primer inquilino fue el Teatro Leo Carrillo, y después le siguió el Teatro de Marionetas de la Calle Olvera. Todavía se conservan el arco proscénico y un segmento del escenario.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1910.
Location. 34° 3.453′ N, 118° 14.303′ W. Marker is in Los Angeles, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Main Street west of East Cesar Chavez Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 618 North Main Street, Los Angeles CA 90012, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jones Building (a few steps from this marker); Sepulveda House (a few steps from this marker); Sepúlveda House (a few steps from this marker); Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Sister Squares (within shouting distance of this marker); Pelanconi House & Pelanconi WarehousePelanconi Warehouse (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Sepulveda House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Los Angeles.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 6, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 425 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 27, 2020, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.