Chatham in Pittsylvania County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Pittsylvania Court House
Erected 1974 by Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number KG-23.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 36° 49.585′ N, 79° 23.904′ W. Marker is in Chatham, Virginia, in Pittsylvania County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Court Place, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chatham VA 24531, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pittsylvania County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Bilhartz, Hall & Co. (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hargrave Military AcademyRawley White Martin Residence (approx. 0.6 miles away); Peytonsburg (approx. one mile away); Markham (approx. one mile away); Claude A. Swanson (approx. 1.9 miles away); Whitmell P. Tunstall (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chatham.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2013, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 21, 2013, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 4. submitted on June 17, 2013, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.