Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Novato in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Old Novato City Hall

901 Sherman Avenue

 
 
Old Novato City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Syd Whittle, April 26, 2013
1. Old Novato City Hall Marker
Inscription.  Originally built in 1896, this was the site of Novato's first Presbyterian Church. The church was built in the Victorian Gothic style of architecture. The building served as Novato City Hall from 1963 until it was closed for safety reasons in 2005. At various times it housed the offices of the City Manager and City Clerk, and later the Community Development and Public Works Departments. In 2009 it was renovated for community use, City Council meetings, and other public events. With the addition of an outdoor patio area, and a new civic green, 901 Sherman Avenue once again serves as a civic anchor in the heart of Novato's historic downtown.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
 
Location. 38° 6.364′ N, 122° 34.091′ W. Marker is in Novato, California, in Marin County. Marker is at the intersection of Sherman Avenue and Diablo/De Long Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Sherman Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 901 Sherman Avenue, Novato CA 94945, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
distance of this marker. (Novato) City Hall (a few steps from this marker); Novato Grammar School Bell (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Postmaster's House (about 300 feet away); Novato History Museum (about 300 feet away); Carlile House (about 300 feet away); Scott General Store (about 400 feet away); DeBorba's (about 400 feet away); Novato Bank Building (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Novato.
 
Old Novato City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Syd Whittle, April 26, 2013
2. Old Novato City Hall Marker
Old Novato City Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Syd Whittle, April 26, 2013
3. Old Novato City Hall
The marker is mounted on the wall on the left side wing. In this view, it is behind the two small trees.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 2, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 28, 2013, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 519 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 28, 2013, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=64860

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 26, 2024