Las Vegas in San Miguel County, New Mexico — The American Mountains (Southwest)
E. Romero Hose & Fire Co.
Design by E.W. Hart • Built by M. M. Sundt
Named for Las Vegas’s first mayor, merchant, and benefactor, Don Eugenio Romero. The Fire Company was formed in 1882 and continued in service as a volunteer organization until 2003. Throughout that period, the Company had only six Fire Chiefs.
Erected by Las Vegas Citizen’s Committee for Historic Preservation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Charity & Public Work. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 35° 35.585′ N, 105° 13.525′ W. Marker is in Las Vegas, New Mexico, in San Miguel County. Marker is on Bridge Street east of the Plaza, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 155 Bridge St, Las Vegas NM 87701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Isidor Stern’s “Famous” Dry Good Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Proclamation of Brigadier General Stephen W. Kearny (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Plaza Hotel (about 600 feet away); A. Dold & Company / Charles Emil Wesche General Merchandise Store Temple Montefiore 1884 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Temple Montefiore, Las Vegas, New Mexico (approx. 0.4 miles away); City Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); YMCA Building (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Las Vegas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2013, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,136 times since then and 143 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 29, 2013, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.