Fremont in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Ehrman General Store
To meet these demands, the firm of Strauss and Co. was founded by S. Strauss, Leon Kerman and S. Bachman in an old adobe on this site. After a succession of partnerships with A. Lebrecht and brother Max Ehrman, Solomon Ehrman built this brick structure in 1894.
The Ehrman General Store served for years as the Wells Fargo Office.
Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus
Fremont Primary Historic Resource No. D26
restored by Robert and Pauline McIvor
Norman D. Hale A.I.A., Architect
Erected 1981 by E Clampus Vitus, Joaquin Murrieta Chapter No. 13. (Marker Number D26.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 18, 1898.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 43363 Mission Boulevard, Fremont CA 94539, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Washington Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Founding of Mission San Jose (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vallejo Homesite (about 400 feet away); World War II War Memorial (about 500 feet away); De Anza Expedition 1775 - 1776 (about 500 feet away); Mission San José (about 500 feet away); Leland Stanford Winery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Mormon Pioneers / Mormon Pioneer Adobes (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fremont.
More about this marker. This markers is located in the Mission San Jose district of Fremont.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 30, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 669 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.