Emporium in Cameron County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1982 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is March 29, 1860.
Location. 41° 30.767′ N, 78° 14.185′ W. Marker is in Emporium, Pennsylvania, in Cameron County. Marker is on East 5th Street 0.1 miles east of North Cherry Street, on the right when traveling east. Located on the front lawn of the Cameron County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Emporium PA 15834, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Railroads (approx. 0.7 miles away); Allegheny Portage (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sinnemahoning Path (approx. 3.9 miles away); The Costello Tannery (approx. 10.9 miles away); The Goodyear Mill (approx. 11 miles away); The Louis Nuschke Store (approx. 11.1 miles away); The Bayless Pulp and Paper Mill (approx. 11.7 miles away); Tom Mix (approx. 12.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Emporium.
Also see . . . Cameron County Government. "The Heart of The Wilds" (Submitted on May 30, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 30, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 431 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 30, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on November 19, 2020, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.