Alexandria, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
James Harris House
Owned 1835-37 by George W. Carlin
Occupied late 1830's by
William C. Reynolds, twice Secretary
Alexandria Lodge of Washington
No. 22, A.F. & A.M.
Restored 1964-66 by Jean Keith
Erected by Alexandria Historical Restoration Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
Location. 38° 48.28′ N, 77° 3.13′ W. Marker is in Alexandria, Virginia. Marker is on Prince Street east of South Fayette Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1113 Prince Street, Alexandria VA 22314, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Capt. James McGuire House (a few steps from this marker); Port City (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Carver School (about 400 feet away); L'Overture Hospital HQ (about 500 feet away); L’Ouverture Hospital (about 500 feet Franklin and Armfield Slave Office (about 800 feet away); Friendship Fire Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alexandria, D.C. (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexandria.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 507 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.