Alexandria, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Capt. James McGuire House
Capt. James McGuire
Occupied for much of his
Alexandria ministry by
Rev. Samuel Cornelius, Pastor
First Baptist Church, 1824-41
Restored 1964-65 by
Mr. & Mrs. John Page Elliott
Erected by Alexandria Historical Restoration Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 38° 48.28′ N, 77° 3.14′ W. Marker is in Alexandria, Virginia. Marker is on Prince Street east of South Fayette Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1123 Prince Street, Alexandria VA 22314, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. James Harris House (a few steps from this marker); Port City (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Carver School (about 400 feet away); L'Overture Hospital HQ (about 500 feet away); L’Ouverture Hospital (about 500 feet away); Franklin and Armfield Slave OfficeAlexandria, D.C. (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1323 Duke Street – From Slavery to Freedom and Service (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexandria.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 29, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 888 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.