Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Elfers in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Old Elfers School

 
 
Old Elfers School Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Fillmon, June 15, 2013
1. Old Elfers School Marker
Inscription.  Built 1914 of limerock white brick faced with red clay brick, this oldest two-story building of such construction in western Pasco County has served generations of school children and was used for many area activities before its renovation in 1979 by the Pasco County Council on Aging.
 
Erected 1980 by Pasco Board of County Commissioners and the Historical Preservation Committee.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1914.
 
Location. 28° 13.177′ N, 82° 43.159′ W. Marker is in Elfers, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker is at the intersection of Barker Drive and Grey Street, on the right when traveling north on Barker Drive. Marker is located on the front of the building to the left of the doors. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4136 Barker Drive, Elfers FL 34680, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Elfers (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Baker House (approx. ¾ mile away); West Elfers Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); Meighan Theatre
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.1 miles away); Sims Park (approx. 2.1 miles away); Dr. Frederick A. Grassin Bridge (approx. 2.1 miles away); West Pasco County War Memorial (approx. 2.2 miles away); Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elfers.
 
Old Elfers School image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Fillmon, June 15, 2013
2. Old Elfers School
Marker mounted to the left of the doors.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 28, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 630 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 28, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=67095

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 15, 2024