“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Elfers in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)

The Baker House

The Baker House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Fillmon, June 15, 2013
1. The Baker House Marker
Inscription.  Samuel and Elizabeth Pinder Baker built this "Cracker" house in 1882. A sponge hooker of mariner lineage who owned land at Baillie's Bluff, he gave it a nautical touch as well as the traditional "Dog Trot" hall through the center. Vertical wall planks are joined like shipbuilders fasten together wooden hulls. Restored for use as a museum, the Baker House is the "Crown Jewel" of Pasco County's Centennial Park.
Erected 1992 by Pasco Board of County Comissioners and the Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 28° 12.547′ N, 82° 43.157′ W. Marker is in Elfers, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker can be reached from Moog Road. House and marker is located toward the back of the property behind fence. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5744 Moog Road, Elfers FL 34680, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Elfers School (approx. Ύ mile away); West Elfers Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); Sims Park (approx.
The Baker House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Julie Szabo, July 1, 2008
2. The Baker House and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
2.9 miles away); Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church (approx. 3 miles away); Seven Springs (approx. 3.3 miles away); Green Key (approx. 3.9 miles away); Rose Cemetery (approx. 4.3 miles away); Oelsner Mound (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elfers.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 28, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 479 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on July 28, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.   2. submitted on November 19, 2008, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr

Paid Advertisements

Jun. 28, 2022